The teen years can pose some of the most difficult challenges for families. Teenagers, dealing with hormone changes and an ever-complex world, may feel that no one can understand their feelings, especially parents. As a result, your teen may feel angry, alone and confused while facing complicated issues about identity, peers, sexual behavior, drinking and drugs.
You may be frustrated and angry that your teen seems to no longer respond to your authority. What use to work well in earlier years may no longer have an effect. And, you may feel frightened and helpless about the choices your teen is making.
As a result, your teen’s years are ripe for producing conflict in the family.
Typical areas of parent-teen conflict may include:
- Disputes over your teen’s curfew.
- Your teen’s choice of friends.
- Spending time with the family versus with peers.
- School and work performance.
- Cars and driving privileges.
- Dating and sexuality.
- Clothing, hair styles and makeup.
- Self destructive behaviors such as smoking, drinking and using drugs.
Dealing with the issues of adolescence can be trying for everyone!. But know there is help!
The Teen Coaching Program provides the following services:
- Create measurable and achievable weekly academic and personal life goals.
- Create and track “accountability and commitment” plan
- Conduct weekly communication with all teachers and follow-up discussion with parent.
- Increase test preparation including study skills
- Develop weekly written self-assessment/progress report completed by your teen for both personal and academic goals
- Agenda/notebook-checked each session
- Improve Time and Organizational skills
- Assign reading each week with reflective writing
- Attend school meetings and conferences
- Personal Growth Work/Exercises
- Physical activity and tailored workouts
- Mission statement
- Leadership development
Contact me today for a FREE consultation. Help is just an eMail away!